Our Careers Opportunities page is designed to connect job seekers with employers who are looking to hire in the meeting and event industry. MPI members can submit career opportunities by clicking below. Postings will be published for no more than 60 days.
You may submit your posting at the bottom of the page.
Posting Date: 11.28.17
Position: Area Director of Sales
Employer: Fairfield Inn & Suites, Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point
Contact: Martin St John – email@example.com
Job Details: Are YOU ready to propel your career to new levels of engagement? Are you interested in learning valuable new skills while leveraging the skills you’ve already acquired in an optimistic and entrepreneurial work environment? This is your chance to contribute in a significant way to a young, fast moving and dynamic company that holds its culture and its beliefs in people and performance at the very heart of its existence.
Imagine an exciting and rewarding career with a leading Canada-based hotel management company with expanding operations in the United States. We are ONE Lodging Management and we believe that good things happen when you show up as your best self! Having tripled in scale since late 2014, ONE currently operates over 118 hotels in 33 states…. and we continue to grow rapidly!
At ONE we manage many brands but we adhere to one promise: To make our guests feel welcome, to provide the highest quality experience, and to respond to our guests’ every need in a professional and authentic manner.
We are currently in search of a positive, energetic, driven and experienced hospitality sales professional to lead our sales efforts for select service properties in and around Jacksonville, FL. [Currently, Fairfield Inn Jacksonville, Fairfield Inn Kingsland (GA), Country Inn & Suites, Brunswick (GA)]
ONE Lodging Management offers the rare opportunity to take part in directly shaping an innovative and positive corporate culture. We specifically seek candidates who have the potential and desire to grow their careers with us, and this position represents an exceptional prospect for the right individual.
The Area Director of Sales is charged with oversight of the sales, marketing and revenue management functions for their assigned hotels. They will ensure that group and corporate bookings are effectively solicited, negotiated and confirmed in order to meet budgeted revenue goals.
The Area Director of Sales will promote and sell to varied market segments through direct telephone and in-person sales calls and through participation in tradeshows and networking events. This position requires a ‘hunter’ mentality, with strong capability to expand and grow existing accounts while driving new business to the property.
– Assess and monitor the on-going financial performance of each hotel through continuous review of revenue generation efforts and through the development, analysis and implementation of the annual budget, sales plan and forecasts.
– Develop, build support for and implement local sales initiatives that align with the Company’s overall strategies and lead to positive business results.
– Monitor the performance of and provide direction and leadership to frontline staff who support the sales function.
– Consistently reinforce ONE’s Support Culture by practicing, promoting and modeling ONE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
– Maintain visibility with clients and continuously observe competitors to ensure understanding of local market trends and conditions.
– Establish a client base of organizations, individuals, social groups and corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales, in order to secure short and long-term bookings for the hotel.
– Create and execute a sales plan specific to relevant market assignments; Collaborate with General Managers and Regional Director of Sales regarding key sales activities.
– Develop new and existing accounts by leveraging the attributes of the hotel and the surrounding area against each group’s, company’s or individual’s specific needs and buying tendencies.
– Develop packaging strategies and negotiate contracts to achieve maximum profitability while satisfying customer desires.
– Promote awareness of the property through formal presentations and personal sales calls to local, corporate, association and leisure markets.
– Promote local awareness of properties through effective relations with CVB and tourism authorities.
– Coordinate site visits as necessary, and develop organized and professional plans for correspondence and follow up.
– Partner with assigned Regional Revenue Manager in proactively managing yield processes to maximize ADR, RevPar and market share.
– Compile and distribute client profiles and maintain on-going communication regarding client specifications with hotel department heads to ensure all service-related needs are fulfilled.
– Liaise with group leaders and serve as on-site contact for group needs.
– Monitor goals on a daily basis and actively work a targeted prospect list.
– Develop an extended network of external advocates to assist in introductions and local contacts.
– Participate in community events to establish presence, visibility and exposure for the hotel.
– Engage each client as a unique individual with unique needs; Anticipate, listen attentively to and document their goals, desires and requests.
– Conduct all client interactions with the highest levels of integrity and professionalism, in keeping with company and brand standards.
– Serve as problem solver in instances of guest dissatisfaction; Resolve complaints, concerns or issues in a timely and helpful manner.
– Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
– Support and lend expertise to operational functions in other departments as needed, to include Front Office and Food and Beverage.
– Perform other tasks, duties and responsibilities as directed by General Manager.
Bachelors’ degree in marketing, business, hotel/restaurant management or a related field, or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on the job effectiveness.
A minimum of 5 years’ previous hotel sales management experience.
Multi-unit sales experience is strongly preferred.
Knowledge of the greater Tampa market and key feeder markets is essential.
Marriott and IHG brand experience strongly preferred.
Experience managing revenue budgets of $10M+.
Solid understanding of the sales process and passion for business development through direct sales, with proven track record for sales success.
Polished appearance and demeanor, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Confidence in representing the hotel within various business settings, and ability to connect quickly and effortlessly with potential clients.
Energy and capability for continued self-motivation, with intrinsic competitive drive to achieve.
Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks and assignments.
Computer literacy, with ability to easily navigate database, browser, email, document and spreadsheet applications, as well as purchasing software and related programs.
Exceptional service orientation, with keen ability to focus and deliver on guest needs.
Reliable and responsible character, with exceptional follow up and attention to detail.
Proactive approach, with exceptional problem solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor, and as a part of a collaborative team.
Ability to multi-task and effectively manage numerous priorities within a fast-paced environment.
Flexibility and availability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Ability to travel sporadically on behalf of the Company.
Have a job you would like to see posted here? Please fill out the form below